Monday, September 29, 2008

Scarrier than Fiction

It’s another day in the world of SciFiWriter. In my earlier post I talked about what ever happened to dreaming about going to the stars, and what happened to the moon missions and beyond.

Well today we saw a page taken out of a science fiction book. But the sad thing is this particular page would be the beginning of an apocalyptic - End of the World - story, and it all starts with the meltdown of the financial markets.

I don’t intend to be a preacher or doom (but I may not be able to avoid that), and I don’t intend to take political sides. What I do want to say is that, what happened today is amazing, sad and scary.

Unfortunately what we are seeing is a self fulfilling prophecy. The mortgage banks and other faltering institutions say, “if we don’t get help the financial markets of the U.S. will collapse. Next the president says, “if we don’t pass the bailout bill, the financial Markets of the U.S. will collapse. Add to the proclamations of woe from several senators and congressman, a very apprehensive world market going into delirium tremors every time the U.S. blinks, and what we have left is a prophecy of doom being orchestrated and played out in front of our very eyes.

As I said, I don’t intend to lay blame on either side of the political aisle, nor will I say it’s the fault of every American or the world in general. What I will say is, that this is a scenario that is stranger than fiction, an event that science fiction writers often play out, after the world is invaded by aliens. Financial markets are not supposed to collapse when everything is running, I dare not say smoothly, but they are not supposed to collapse in such a manner with out an incredible world event.

Enough said about the topic, many more people throughout the world are writing about this very topic that have much more knowledge than I about why, and how this happened.

I will leave you with this thought. Don’t be surprised to wake up in the next week or so and find out the government has released all their knowledge about UFO’s and aliens.

No comments: